We have ensured that the State Portal of Uttarakhand, is accessible to all users, irrespective of the device and technology in use or ability. It has been built with an aim to provide maximum accessibility and usability to its visitors. As a result, this website can be viewed from a variety of devices such as Desktop / Laptop computers, web-enabled mobile devices, etc.
The Uttarakhand State Portal is best viewed at 1280 x 768 resolution in Google Chrome 50+, Mozilla 40+, Microsoft Edge 91+. We have put in our best efforts to ensure that all information on this portal is accessible to differently able. For example, a user with visual disability can access this website using assistive technologies, such as screen readers and screen magnifiers.
The portal is developed and adhered to the Guidelines for Indian Government Websites
Part of the information in the portal is made available through links to external Websites. External Websites are maintained by the respective departments who are responsible for making their sites accessible.
1. Skip to Main Content: Quick access to the main content on the page is provided without going through repetitive navigation using the keyboard.
2. Headings: The Web page content is organized using appropriate headings and subheadings that provide a readable structure.
3. Titles: An appropriate name for each Web page is specified that helps you to understand the page content easily.
4. Alternate Text: Brief description of an image is provided for users with visual disability. If you are using a browser that supports only text or have turned off the image display, you can still know what the image is all about by reading the alternate text in absence of an image.
5. Consistent Navigation Mechanism: Consistent style of presentation throughout the portal is incorporated.
6. Customized Text Size: The size of the text on the Web page can be changed either through the browser or through the accessibility options feature.
Changing the Text Size
Changing the size of the text refers to making the text appearing smaller or bigger from its standard size. There are three options provided to you to set the size of the text that affects the readability. These are:
Smaller: Displays text in a font size smaller than the standard font size.
Larger: Displays text in a font size larger than the standard font size.
Medium: Displays text in a standard font size, which is the default size.
To change the text size, click the text-size icons present at the top of any page.
Viewing Information in PDF Files
Viewing Information in PDF Formats The information provided by this portal is available in HTML and Portable Document Format (PDF). To view the information properly, your browser needs to have the required plug-ins or software. In case your system does not have this software; you can download it from the Internet.
Plug-in for PDF
Document Type Plug-in for Download
Portable Document Format (PDF) files Adobe Acrobat Reader (External website that opens in a new window )
Convert a PDF file online into HTML or text format (External website that opens in a new window)
Last Updated On: 10 Jan 2024